Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" message when trying to edit company field information

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" message when trying to edit company field information

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to Sage and I'm running into an issue as the CRM manager for a firm I am assisting - could really use help. 

I am setting up new companies. Whenever I try to fill in the division, industry, etc. information under the "Company Info" tab, or the billing and mailing addresses under the "address" tab, I receive the error message above when trying to click out of the fields. And, if I click "save changes" and/or "save" in the edit dropdown, when I leave the company record and return the info has not been captured. Ideas?

Thank you - happy to be aboard!

Best,

Joe

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" message when trying to edit company field information

Hello Joe,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Are these fields linked to contact fields? One thing I would try is running maintenance on the database (Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Re: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" message when trying to edit company field information

Having similair problem with companies in list mode - edit

any time I try to make change get dreaded Object ref...

rebuilt/repaired .. not luck

merci in advance

Tom David Moxam