Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Missing database files in zip file", on attempt to restore remote database

"Missing database files in zip file", on attempt to restore remote database

I used the "create remote database" function on the Sychronisation Panel to create a database on my laptop, which is connected to the office network. It ended by saying "remote database successfully created".

But, when I then tried to restore the file, it went a large way through the process before giving the error "Missing database files in zip file." I've done this before, but never had this problem.

I'm running ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0 on both machines.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: "Missing database files in zip file", on attempt to restore remote database

Hello Philc,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

The first thing to do is re-copy the RDB file from the server to the workstation and attempt to restore again. 

If that fails, attempt to restore the RDB file on the server.  If it is successful - DO NOT SYNCH!  You can use Actdiag and detach the restore remote from SQL, then copy the database files (ADF, ALF, and 'databasename-database files' folder) to the workstation.  There you will open the remote using the ADF.

If it fails to restore on the server, create a new Remote and restore it.

Steps for detaching restored remote on server:

- click on Windows Start button

- XP > select Run, Vista/Win7 > use Search field

- enter command 'ActDiag'

- on Actdiag screen > select Databases (left column) > select Database List

- in database list > click on gray box beside restored remote (to highlight the line)

- right click on database name and select 'Detach'

- database will be detached and you can close Actdiag

- now copy the remote database ADF, ALF, and 'databasename-database files' folder from the server to the workstation

- in Act! > go to File > Open Database > change file type from PAD to ADF and locate the ADF

- this will create a new PAD file for the database and connect it to SQL on the workstation

- you can now sync this remote from workstation.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: "Missing database files in zip file", on attempt to restore remote database

I have a lot of archives on my PC. But once some of them was crashed on unknown reason. Luckily for me a friend offered me a nice utility, which solved out my issues for seconds - restore zip files.