Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Manager" user security level - remove "Delete Records" ability...?

Copper Contributor

"Manager" user security level - remove "Delete Records" ability...?

I would like to give multiple users of ACT the ability to change the Record Manager in Opportunities.  I've searched the forum and found only one solution - which would require a $30.00 add-on per user which we can't afford to do right now.

The other solution is to give those users the "Manager" security level.  But that also gives them the ability to delete records, and we really don't want them to.  It is greyed out in the window, so I can't just remove that one right if they are a Manager.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, or know how I could possibly alter the database to remove the Delete ability?  I do have a developer here who could work on a custom solution for us in the future, he just hasn't worked with ACT before, so I'd need some pointers to get him started.

Thanks  Smiley Happy

Copper Contributor

Re: "Manager" user security level - remove "Delete Records" ability...?

Supplemental to my question above, I've just realized that Managers can do a whole lot more than just Delete records.

So my real question is - can I give the singular ability to change the Record Manager only?

Skilled Commentator

Re: "Manager" user security level - remove "Delete Records" ability...?

Sadly, I believe the answer is no. I have the same issue... I need all our users to be able to modify records in a way that requires they have manager level security, but I hate the fact that they can also delete records. As far as I know, there is no way of removing that ability and still keeping the other manager level abilities.