Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Location" field

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

"Location" field

When creating a new Call or Meeting there is a field titled "Location" with no drop-down capabilities. I'm wondering how one would use this field, for what and why. And, is there a way to configure it as a drop-down? (My interest in this field came about because in the new ACT! version 12.1.181 this field was added to the Task List.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author barrygou
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: "Location" field

There is an 'Ideas Forum' here in the community for posting ideas just like this one.  When posted it gives other community members a chance to comment and vote on it.   
Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

The Location field is primarily used for recording where the activity will occur.  For example, Location could be: '3rd floor conference room', "contact's office", or 'Starbucks'.  For more detail, you may want to copy the contact's address into it.  It is not customizable as a drop-down. 
Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Contributor

Thanks! This would be a nice feature to add in new versions. Making the Location field in new Calls, Meetings, and To Do's as an editable drop down field. I could think of a lot of uses for it.
Solution
Accepted by topic author barrygou
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

There is an 'Ideas Forum' here in the community for posting ideas just like this one.  When posted it gives other community members a chance to comment and vote on it.   
Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Contributor

I posted my idea there. Thanks again.

I believe I've found an alternative for you, you can set 'Resources' to record in the 'Location' field.  So, you can go to the Schedule menu > select Manage > select Resources.  Here you can define your Resources (which for you are actually Locations) and put a check mark in the Location box to the right of the resource name. 

Now when scheduling an Activity - you can select an appropriate Resource which will populate in the Location field. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg, I followed the path you suggested:

Schedule > Manage>

but cannot find "Resources". The submenu offers only

Activity Series Templates...

Activity Types...

Priorities...

Events...

Am I in the right place? Where is Resources? I ran automatic update, and it says I have the latest version already (v 12.1.181.0 HF1)

Thanks

Nickel Contributor

Same for me. My sub menus are also

Activity Series Templates...

Activity Types...

Priorities...

Events

No "resources" available.

Maybe Greg is looking at ACT! Premium.

I absolutely am... I'm working with Premium.  You won't have the option in the Standard version - sorry about the false hope!
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Oh well....

At least I am pleased to know that this is on your mind.

Hopefully it will become a native feature soon even for us who are less than Premium users!  :smileywink: