Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Library not Registered" error

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

"Library not Registered" error

My knowledge of computers is limited to following instruction in their use... So, any help that I can get has to take that into account.

I just installed ACT! on my replacement computer (my old laptop died). I was able to install the software and restore the data base successfully.  However, when I go to write a letter using ACT! I get an error that states that the interface between the word processors (something, something) failed due to: Library Not Registered. [The new machine uses xp professional and I set the word processor option for Word 2003]

From other posts, I looked and found that Redmption.dll is on in the program files. I just am lost with what to do next.  Can anyone help me?

(remember, I have a very limited knowledge about moving around in the brain of a computer)

Mictus

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: "Library not Registered" error

First check add/remove programs to see if you have Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies installed.  If you do, close ACT! and Office and uninstall it.  If that doesn't work, run a detect and repair in Outlook (Help > Detect and Repair).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

First check add/remove programs to see if you have Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies installed.  If you do, close ACT! and Office and uninstall it.  If that doesn't work, run a detect and repair in Outlook (Help > Detect and Repair).

Just like that, after deleting MS Office Interop Assemblies, my ACT! is working again and my life is a little bit better.  Thank you David Lunceford.  You are a Rock Star!

Keep on Rockin' in the free world!

Mictus

Copper Super Contributor

I don't have interops installed and I can't find Detect and repair. Act 2013 and win 10 and Office 10

Administrator

Hi tiotaco,

The error you're experiencing could be related to the incompatibility of Act! with Windows 10. This is not a supported operating system for this version of Act! due to its age. You can find full compatibility listings here: KB 29767 - Act! Compatibility Matrix I'd recommend upgrading Act! to maintain compatibility with your OS.

You could try the steps detailed in this Knowledgebase article which also describes the error: KB 36948 - Error: “Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTE...

Additionally, it would be worth trying an Office repair.

Copper Super Contributor

Act 2013 runs fine on all my computers with Win 10 except my new Lenovo X-1
Copper Super Contributor

Thank you--I tried all of these suggestions to no avail. I guess I'm stuck with ACT WP on this machine.