Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Latest activities - Meeting". Can't edit an erroneously entered date

"Latest activities - Meeting". Can't edit an erroneously entered date

"Latest activities - Meeting". Can't edit an erroneously entered date .

I hope that a sage expert can help on this. I go through my paper files from meetings already completed but never entered into ACT!. I then enter in the dates of those meetings after-the-fact by creating the meeting activity and then clearing the activity immediately, I have mistakenly used today's date and then subsequently cleared the activity as completed which now shows today's date under "Lates Activities - Meeting". This field now displays the wrong meeting date and can not be edited. Unfortunately, I am using that "Last Activities - Meeting" field as a sortable field to schedule my future client appointments, but now the sort data is flawed since a few of the meeting dates are inaccurate.

I know I can change the date forward by creating a new meeting activity but it doesn't work if you add a new meeting with an older date - it still keeps that erroneous "later" date in the meetin field.

Any help or solution as to how to change the meeting date data in "latest Activities"? Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.

Thanks immensely!

Chris

Silver Contributor

Re: "Latest activities - Meeting". Can't edit an erroneously entered date

Hi Chris, unfortunately, this is a system field and cannot be changed manually.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Thanks for the fast response Jon. Is there anything at all that I can do...a way to delete the meeting altogether and re-enter? I am sure that I am not the first person to make this mistake and it's troubling that the system is so unforgivable in this instance.

Much appreciated for your thoughts.

Chris

Silver Contributor

I'm sorry, to  to my knowlege, there is not.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Bronze Contributor

Instead of entering a meeting and clearing try recording a history instead (big button of filing cabinet on toolbar) and this way it will go straight into histroy and you can change the date as you enter the meeting details, and schedule a further follow up if required.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply and attempt at solving this annoying problem.

So, I tried what you had suggested and prior to that I even clicked on the aforementioned incorrect date when viewing the history / details and edited to the new desired date and in both instances the "Meeting" date will be changed in history / details, BUT not in the "lastest activities" meeting field IF the date is EARLIER than the date currently displayed in the "Latest Activities" meeting field. You can only change the meeting field it if the new history is LATER than the field that is currently displayed.

Hopefully my explanation is clear as it is a bit confusing to understand unless you actually try to make the change as you describe at which time the limitations of ACT! become very clear.

Regards,

Chris

I have the same problem in the latest version of Act! (17) and it is (excuse my French) cr*p that the inability to fix a common mistake has not ben fixed.