Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Invalid Parameters for Select method" when attempting to view tabs of groups/subgroups

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

"Invalid Parameters for Select method" when attempting to view tabs of groups/subgroups

I have a certain user that is not able to view the fields of their groups/subgroups with their installation of ACT!(v.11.1.183.0).  This is not a permissions issue, because I can login to another PC with this user account and view the fields correctly.  For example, if the user selects the contacts tab, and attempts to click where the contacts would normally show, the "Invalid Parameters for Select method" error is thrown.  Has anybody ran into this issue?  I would like to avoid having to uninstall/reinstall ACT! if I do not have to.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: "Invalid Parameters for Select method" when attempting to view tabs of groups/subgroups

From you message - you have signed the same Act! user into Act! on a different machine and you do not receive the errors. 

- Have you tried a different Act! user on the problem machine?

- Have you tried testing in a different database (Act! demo) on that machine?

- Have you tried signing on with a different Windows User on the machine and then testing Act!?

- Have you checked the Event Viewer for additional information (error messages)? 

These are steps that will help isolate the issue.  Is it the database, the program installation, or the user (Act! or Windows)?

If determined to be computer and Windows User specific, the first step is to delete the Act! Preference files and retest.  If that does not resolve the issue, the next step would be to uninstall and reinstall.

Steps to delete Act! Preference files

(I recommend skipping to the section entitled 'Manually Delete Act! Preferences')

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: "Invalid Parameters for Select method" when attempting to view tabs of groups/subgroups

From you message - you have signed the same Act! user into Act! on a different machine and you do not receive the errors. 

- Have you tried a different Act! user on the problem machine?

- Have you tried testing in a different database (Act! demo) on that machine?

- Have you tried signing on with a different Windows User on the machine and then testing Act!?

- Have you checked the Event Viewer for additional information (error messages)? 

These are steps that will help isolate the issue.  Is it the database, the program installation, or the user (Act! or Windows)?

If determined to be computer and Windows User specific, the first step is to delete the Act! Preference files and retest.  If that does not resolve the issue, the next step would be to uninstall and reinstall.

Steps to delete Act! Preference files

(I recommend skipping to the section entitled 'Manually Delete Act! Preferences')

Greg Martin
Sage

gmartin,

Deleting the ACT! preference files worked perfectly.  Thank you very much!