Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Help Topics ?" Change opening URL from Internet Explorer to Google Browser

Copper Contributor

"Help Topics ?" Change opening URL from Internet Explorer to Google Browser

Hello,

Own Sage ACT 2010 and using PC Windows 7

“Help Topics?”  When I click on this, It opens into a screen using Internet Explorer  and a basic layout (with “My Yahoo” toolbar… and the overall  screen is blank). Then when I click on “Search Google” a URL on my toolbar, it then opens into this URL.  Is this how it works?  I would prefer it open up immediately
to “ACT Knowledge Base”… so I can plug in a search (without me clicking on a URL). Aside- I have already added/listed on “Web Info” within a Contact Name Screen (like ACT Sage) and it goes to the ACT Knowledge Base.. also, added two document attachments (ACT Manual and ACT QR Card).

Second, I prefer the Help Topic?” to open with my Google URL Browser which has within “My Yahoo” and the Google Screen (and not the Internet Explorer Screen with “My Yahoo).  Aside- I have two “My Yahoos” one for Internet Explorer (I do not use) and one for the Google Browser (which I prefer)

Any help will be appreciated,

SyBerGuy
(NYC)

Administrator

Re: "Help Topics ?" Change opening URL from Internet Explorer to Google Browser

HI Sy,

It sounds like you're looking to change the default browser when you open the Help Topics, unfortunately this is not something that can be changed. The help topics are set to use internet explorer because this is the browser that best supports the files.

Please note, while the "Help Topics" are accessed through Internet Explorer - they are actually local files stored on your machine! If you want to search our "online" knowledgebase - the best place to go is "kb.act.com"
Copper Contributor

Hi Jon,

OK I have to stay with Internet Explorer opening up within the "Help Topics?" when clicked on. I have no problem clicking within the small search window at the top.. or other URL's which open onto the screen. But again, not sure about the initial screen being blank... 

Second, I tried to search my Hard Drive "C" regarding seeing some files stored.. as you say, but no luck... just curious. 

Thanks for your post,

Sy

Administrator

Hi Sy,

Just so we're on the same page - you're talking about the help topics that look a bit like this:

iexplore_2018-05-21_11-03-51.png

Are you saying that these open with a blank screen?

Copper Contributor

Hi Jon,

The screen capture you posted regarding a Help Screen is not familiar to me (What do you need help with etc).  

Below is my screen capture and noted as follows:
#1 - Help.. I can click on this and get to the ACT Quick Start Guide
#2- Help Topics ?, clicking on this it opens into the screen below
#3- Blank Screen???? not sure if it is supposed to open into some content?
$4- My Internet Explorer My Yahoo screen, with the toolbar at the top and with folders. I can click on a folder and a URL and it will open
and take up/fill the blank screen area. 

I would think that for #3 blank screen it would open immediately to a Help Screen, like the one you posted about.

So that is the story for now,

Sy