Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Exceptions has been thrown by target of an invocation" when trying integrate Act Pro 2016 with a google account

"Exceptions has been thrown by target of an invocation" when trying integrate Act Pro 2016 with a google account

We have upgraded to Act Pro V18 just recently.  Running Windows 7 64bit on 4 networked computers.  We have 4 Act licenses for 4 users.  We successfully integrated 3 of the Users with 3 individual google accounts.  When we try to integrate the 4th, we receive the above message.  I can't find this exact problem on the message boards. 

Thanks in advance!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: "Exceptions has been thrown by target of an invocation" when trying integrate Act Pro 2016 with a google account

There is a program called logviewer in C:\Program Files (x86)\Act\Act for Windows.  If you run that program it will give you more information about the error message.  Post the error here and we should be able to tell you how to fix it.  I suspect that you need to register a dll in order to get it to work but without knowing the specific error message we'd just be shooting in the dark.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Re: "Exceptions has been thrown by target of an invocation" when trying integrate Act Pro 2016 with a google account

Error Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at Act.Shared.Sync.BaseSyncHelper.Run(ServiceProviderType serviceProviderType, String arguments, Boolean isAsync)
at Act.Google.Sync.Common.GoogleSyncHelper.SynchronizeAll(ServiceProviderType serviceProviderType)
at Act.Google.Sync.Common.GoogleSyncHelper.OnSchedulerSyncAll(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Act.Google.Sync.Common.GoogleScheduler.ShowPreferences()
at Act.Google.Sync.Common.GoogleSyncHelper.ShowPreferences(ServiceProviderType serviceProviderType)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Act.UI.Synchronization.UISynchronizationManager.GoogleSyncPreferences(String commandID)
at Act.UI.ActApplication.ExecuteCommand(String command)
at Act.UI.ActApplication.BarItemClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.DotNetBarManager.90(BaseItem 2H1)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.BaseItem.RaiseClick()
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.BaseItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.PopupItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.ButtonItem.InternalMouseUp(MouseEventArgs objArg)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.MenuPanel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.MenuPanel.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Hi there, the error you're receiving is more commonly associated with Microsoft Outlook, can I please ask if you have any integration with Outlook already setup on the PC having the problem? We wouldn't recommend having both Outlook and Gmail integration setup on the same PC as this can lead to problems with duplication of emails and calendar entries.

Could you please let me know exactly when in the process of linking to Gmail that you get the error you described? If you could provide click by click instructions that would be very beneficial.

Finally could you also please provide your full version of Act!? You can get this by going to Help > About Act! and copying the entire top line.

Hopefully with that information we'll have a better idea what is going on.

This is the version that we have: Act! Pro Version 18.0.501.0, Hot Fix 4

The Outlook is integrated already and we don't have problems with it. (why would you have options for both Outlook and Google to be integrated if it causes problems? makes no sense; we have 2 other licenses that work great with Outlook and Google Calendar, this is the only one that has this issue)

I click under tools, Integrate with Google, Google Integration Preferences, I choose our database, Register the Google account, Schedule Automatic Integration to each day at 5:00 p.m., click ok, then it asks if I want to Integrate now and I click yes, then the error pops out saying  Execption has been thrown by target of an invocation.

Hi there, thanks very much for providing that information.

The reason there is both Outlook and Google integration is to give customers an alternative option. Whilst Outlook is still used by the majority of our customers, for those that don't have Outlook we have provided an alternative in Google integration. I'm very glad that you are using both at the same time without issue, but I would urge you to keep checking that integration as we have had examples of it causing problems with duplicate calendar entries.

Looking at the point where you receive the error, this would suggest that the problem exists either with the user syncing, or with the Google account it is syncing with. To test this, please try the following steps:

1. Create an entirely new Google account with no information in it. Link this account to the user on the problem PC and test if it will sync.

If that fails again, then try:

2. Log into Act! on the problem PC with a different user (or a new one entirely if you have enough licenses for one) and try linking to the new blank Google account and syncing.

By performing those steps hopefully that will identify where the problem lies.

This still didn't fix the issue.  Outlook is no longer integrated, just the email but we still cannot get the Google Calendar to setup

Bronze Elite Contributor

You may have already tried this but if not -

Start ACT by right clicking on the icon and run as administrator.

Now try linking ACT and G Mail.

Nope it didn't work, I can get the Gmail account to register but when it comes time to synchinize the Act Calendar with Google, that's when I get the error