Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Error occurred after logon in synchronization manager. Error reading the \\computer name\company-databasefiles\Reports Directory"

Astute Commentator

"Error occurred after logon in synchronization manager. Error reading the \\computer name\company-databasefiles\Reports Directory"

Sage ACT! Premium (Web) 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1 

I had to change the .pad file from the computer server name to the ip address and now the error message is received by all users:

"Error occurred after logon in synchronization manager.  Error reading the \\computer name\company-databasefiles\Reports  Directory"  

any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: "Error occurred after logon in synchronization manager. Error reading the \\computer name\company-databasefiles\Reports Directory"

Hello johns73,
Are they getting this error when logging into the web database? Any issues logging into the database via ACT!?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

Re: "Error occurred after logon in synchronization manager. Error reading the \\computer name\company-databasefiles\Reports Directory"

hi greig - just the database.  we do not use the web database.

thank you.

john

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please let me know if the suggested solution in the following Knowledgebase article helps to resolve the issue:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2906...

Also, can you verify that the users can access the IP address in the .PAD file? You can try entering it in their Run or Search box from the Start menu (\\xxx.xx.xxx.xxx) or pinging it from the Command prompt. There may be an issue with resolving the IP address.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

thank you.  we will try the kb fix.  as it turns out, it seems that every user has been encountering this error message since we upgraded from 2008 to 2011.  i did not know this until yesterday.  thank you again and i will let you know if the kb fix works.

Astute Commentator

all users can ping the ip address of the computer server where the database is located. the kb is of no use because the directory/folder where the database files are located as well as the database file itself allows "everyone" as well as each user. still receiving the error.