Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Attach to contact..." grayed out

Tuned Listener

"Attach to contact..." grayed out

Hi,

before I upgraded to 2011 Pro, I was able, when reading an email to attach it to any contact.

Now it seems that it's not possible anymore.

I sometime get emails from generic addresses (company tech support) and of course

I'd like to attach them to the real contact behind that generic address, as well as other

contacts I have, all at once.

In 2009 I was able to select "Attach to contact..." and then select the list of contacts to

whom the email content would appear in their "history" tab.

In 2011 Pro, it looks like this is always grayed out and the only option I have is either

"attach to sender" if the sender actually exists, or "Create contact from sender" when

I have a generic email address as the sender.

Those generic addresses are not in my contact list, so I can't save the email as a

history transaction. Nor can I attach it to the persons in the CC: fields, even if they exist.

This is not working for me. I can't attach received emails to my contacts. I need them in

their History tab.

How can I change this? Is there something wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1

Email client: Lotus Notes 8.5

Steve JORDI

Re: "Attach to contact..." grayed out

You didn't mention which version of Outlook you are using. You may need to upgrade to the latest version of Office (2010).

I had the opposite problem - I upgraded Office first, then Act 2010 broke the link to Outlook email attaching to contacts in Act.

Barry E. LaDuke
LaDuke Radiant Sales
Portland, OR 97222

http://www.LaDukeRadiantSales.com
Tuned Listener

Re: "Attach to contact..." grayed out

I'm not using Outlook, but Lotus Notes 8.5

It did work perfectly with Act! 2008 though. I could access all the "Attach to..." menus.

Steve JORDI