Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Associated with" Dialogue Box Disappeared in Activity Window

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

"Associated with" Dialogue Box Disappeared in Activity Window

[ Edited ]

I have recently lost the ability to see the 'Associated with' pop up box when working with an Activity.  I will click on the "..." button beside the Associated with field in the Activity Dialogue, but nothing appears anymore.

It has been activated in some form, because I can't interact with Act until I hit the escape or return key, which apparently closes the now 'phantom' dialogue box.  It's not behind another window. 

This has just recently appeared as a problem.  I don't know if it is related to the recent hotfix or one of my addons.  I'm using several Durkin products and Tapi.Net.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks!

PS - I'm running the latest version of Act 2009  (11.1.183.0 Hotfix 1)

Message Edited by mmontonara on 05-07-2009 05:03 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mmontonara
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: "Associated with" Dialogue Box Disappeared in Activity Window

Try rebuilding your preferences.
  1. Close ACT!
  2. Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
        For Vista: C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
  3. Delete the following files if present: preferencesBak.XML, preferencesBak3.xml, preferencesBak6.xml, preferencesBak9.xml
  4. Open the Preferences folder and delete USPreferences206.xml and USPrefrences208.xml.old
  5. Open ACT!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author mmontonara
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Try rebuilding your preferences.
  1. Close ACT!
  2. Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
        For Vista: C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
  3. Delete the following files if present: preferencesBak.XML, preferencesBak3.xml, preferencesBak6.xml, preferencesBak9.xml
  4. Open the Preferences folder and delete USPreferences206.xml and USPrefrences208.xml.old
  5. Open ACT!

Copper Contributor

Excellent - this solution solved my problem, which was exactly as described in the first post.  Except I'm using Act Pro 2011 - so the files mentioned are in a slightly different location, called "Act Data"

Thanks to you both - this problem had me stuck for a long time, through two versions.

I followed the instructions and the problem is still there.

Any other suggestions.

Note it is only on my remote database on the server this works fine.