Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Administrator level access is required to activate this product." error when trying to register Premium.

"Administrator level access is required to activate this product." error when trying to register Premium.

The Windows user is a local admin.  I went so far as to create a new local admin account, same error.

ACT! is running just fine in demo mode, but the client has paid for Premium and I need to get her out of demo mode. 

Any help would be appreciated...

iMac, i5, 8GB RAM, Parallels with 2 cores, 40GB of HD and 2GB RAM dedicated, Win7 sp1+ updates.  Database was migrated from ACT! v9 on Parallels/XP on the same machine.

Windows is finally behaving itself and ACT is stable, but I can't seem to register it.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: "Administrator level access is required to activate this product." error when trying to register Premium.

Right click on the icon to launch ACT! and choose Run as Administrator. You might also want to Google User Access Control or UAC. This is all a Windows thing.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: "Administrator level access is required to activate this product." error when trying to register Premium.

I'm in the same situation with a new copy of ACT!: running ACT! v18 on Windows 10. When I right click the ACT! icon I get a list of options:

Edit

Print

Cast to Device

but no "Run as Administrator."

Any guidance as to where I can find the "Run as Administrator option?"

Silver Super Contributor

There should be an option that says "More" it is on that menu.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Nickel Super Contributor

I recommend that you disable the Windows 7 user account control...

1. Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.
  2. Do one of the following: To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK.

Restart the computer...

Retry the license registration...

Good luck and best regards...

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com