Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"Active" URLs in Notes no longer functioning

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

"Active" URLs in Notes no longer functioning

I recent upgraded from ACT! 2012 (v14) to ACT! v20 and just noticed that URLs included in notes no longer launch when clicked. 

They show up in blue/underlined and the cursor changes to a little hand but when clicked upon - nothing (sample screen attached)

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggested solutions? Worked great in my prior version of ACT!

Running on Windows 10, Act! Pro Version 20.0.159.0, Update 6 (single user version - on my laptop).

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author T2T2T2
‎02-23-2018 07:15 AM
Administrator

Re: "Active" URLs in Notes no longer functioning

Having tested this, I can confirm that URLs aren't 'clickable' in the details section of the notes editor.

If you save the notes, you 'can' click on the URLs in the preview pane and have them open in your default browser though.

I'm testing this on older versions now to find the point at which it changed - then I'll ask the development team if this is intended behaviour or a bug. I'll let you know what I find out!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author T2T2T2
‎02-23-2018 07:15 AM
Administrator

Having tested this, I can confirm that URLs aren't 'clickable' in the details section of the notes editor.

If you save the notes, you 'can' click on the URLs in the preview pane and have them open in your default browser though.

I'm testing this on older versions now to find the point at which it changed - then I'll ask the development team if this is intended behaviour or a bug. I'll let you know what I find out!

Thanks, Jon -- much appreciated!