Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

question on syncing contacts with Outlook

Copper Contributor

question on syncing contacts with Outlook

I am syncing my ACT contacts into Outlook but only certain groups. I use ACT just to manage customer contacts but some of the same contacts are also suppliers.  So what has happened on a few occassions is I stop syncing a customer in ACT and it deletes it the record from Outlook.  Normally I am ok with this but for this type of situation, I still need the contact in Outlook as it is a supplier even though he is no longer a customer contact.  Is there any workaround for this?

Even if I create the original contact in Outlook it will delete it instead of creating a second identical one from the ACT sync. I suppose it is identifying the contacts based on email address and using that to maintain one unique record for each.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: question on syncing contacts with Outlook

Hello topaz99,
The best way to remove Outlook contacts from syncing with ACT! is to put those contacts in a custom contact folder in Outlook. ACT! will only sync contacts that are in the main Contacts folder in Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.