Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

question on sharing DB and permissions

Copper Contributor

question on sharing DB and permissions

I am currently using Act Pro16. I have 2 remote sales reps that I want to give access to the DB.  I am also considering setting up web/mobile which I currently do not have.

1. Can I limit which contact records they can see and update? For exmaple, I have 1k contacts and only want them to be able to view those i "assign" to them.

2.  Is there anyway to keep the user from exporting or removing the data from the DB to make a local copy?

3.  What's the easiest way to set it up remotely, using the web version or use the desktop version with a VPN?

4. Are the web and mobile versions 2 different services to pay for and do they have all the same functionality as the dektop version?

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: question on sharing DB and permissions

For limited access i would recomend the Premium version(you would need it if you want to use web anyway)

with the premium version you will have teams, that you can use to define who can see/alter what contacts &Companys.

sharing the dabase via VPN, is not a good idea, you would have to consider to cut a remote database.

also you can define if the loged in user can do exports/lists excel lists, so your data can be safe with the right setup

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Copper Contributor

IThe features i use most are the contact management and sending out emails/Mail Merge with custom tempaltes to custom lists. How does that work with the web-based? Is it stil integrated with outlook and can they do a mail merge with Word templates the same way?

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi,

act for web has plugins, that when installed allow mail-merge and outlook connectivity. so yes, all from you requested feature do work with act for web

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040