Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

putting a date field into a calendar

putting a date field into a calendar

I have v9.0 and I have a field for birthdays.  I would like to have that field automatically copied to my calendar and have a reminder set.  Is that possible?
Bronze Contributor

Re: putting a date field into a calendar

No but if you set it as a yearly recurring task then it will automatically be in your calendar
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Bronze Super Contributor

We developed add-ons called Calendar View Plus and Task List Plus for ACT! that both have that additional feature along with many other enhancements.

Using Task List Plus you can select any date field from the contact table such as Birthday and display all matching contacts in the list based on your selected date range.

Using Calendar View Plus you can select any date field from the contact table such as Birthday and display all matching contacts in the list based on the current calendar view. Quickly move to next month to see all upcoming birthdays.

In either product simple select the date field from the 'Events panel' at the bottom of the window.

Click a link below to view product information. 

CVP:   http://durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsCalendarViewPlus.aspx

TLP:    http://durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonsTaskListPlus.aspx

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin

Skilled Commentator

Hi Jim, I currently use CVP (For anyone out there, it's a great program and I'd be lost without it!), I just tried the below but it doesn't seem to do anything? I ticked different things in the event bar on the bottom left but can't see a change. What should it look like and what am I doing wrong?
Bronze Super Contributor

Scott,

Do you have any data entered in the contact details?   Try this:

1. Go to you record and enter your birthday

2. Go to CVP and select "Birthday" from the events list

3. Navigate to your birthday on the calendar.

You should now see your event displayed.

thanks

-- Jim Durkin

Skilled Commentator

Thanks Jim, Yes I tried that but it doesn't work. I also tried it with a couple of other date/event fields just to check. Any ideas?

I apprecaite the advice.  I am playing with it now and hopefully it will work the way I want it to.  Thanks again.

I installed calendar plus but it was a bear to get it to work right.  I uninstalled it.
Bronze Super Contributor

Did you find the [Fields] icon on the toolbar? If you click on that icon it presents you with a list of activity and/or contacts fields to display in the calendar.

Send me an email with a phone number to contact you directly or you can call us. You can go to our web site and our main number is in the top left corner of the page.

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

www.durkincomputing.com

Skilled Commentator

Thanks Jim, I played with it more and it just won't work as I have it set to unique column for each activity type. This is the main reason I use CVP. Works fine without unique columns. So I gather you just can't use both features at once? Be good if I could but no big problem if I can't.