Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

problems with installing ACT!2009 on my laptop

Solution
Accepted by topic author Rudi01
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: problems with installing ACT!2009 on my laptop

OK! I finally got it working. The serial works and the database has been created.

But... an new problem has arised:

WHen i want to set up the email client it doesn't recognise my Outlook (its not listed in the window).

I think this has something to do with the following:

The last unsuccesful installation i uninstalled and when it asked to restart my computer i didnt chose to. I started up my Outlook and then an error message came up saying it couldn't find a specific file somwhere in the ACT! program files folder. This kept coming for a few days till i installed succesfully just now.

How can i get my ACT! recognise my Outlook ? (it did before after some of the unsuccessful installations, but not after the one described above)

Please give me your advice, thanks!

Try following the KB article below.

Outlook® is Missing as an Option in the ACT! E-mail Setup

Copper Contributor

I tried everything mentioned in the article but it doesn;t work.

I'm almost sure it has to do with what i described in my last post:

I uninstalled act! and didn't restart the computer when it was asked, instead I started Outlook and the error message came. It referred to a file in the ACT! program files folder which could not be found.

What can i do?

Please check your private messages.
Copper Contributor

Hi David,

I contacted Sage UK and they forwarded me to a contact person representing Sage in the Netherlands  Smiley Surprised

I received some instructions but nothing effective, so i put it aside for a while (again)....

Last week I decided to format my laptop and i tried to install ACT!2009 premium again, it showed the following message AGAIN:

Unable to connect to SQL server

I had this same problem before and somehow managed to solve it by following the instructions in this thread, however, i just did my third install exactly the way i did it before and checked of course with the previous threads but it doesnt seem to help....

1) Uninstaller

2) Removed SQL components with add/remove software

3) Checked any left overs with msicuu2

4) removed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server

4) removed all register entries according to Answer ID 22957

5) Searched on the internet for 'how to completely remove SQL server 2005/writer/etc and followed instructions (deleting registry keys)

6) Renamed sqlncli.dll to sqlcli3.dll (third time!)

7) Fresh Install

Is there any specific remedy to this error? I never had such a drama with installing any software before.... it has cost me countless hours

Also, as I formatted my computer and installed Windows XO SP3 again, i guess there must already be something going wrong here

Suggestions are more than welcome!

Thanks

Rudi

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

This problem has been fixed. It seemed to be the serial key which was not valid Smiley Surprised

Regarding all the trouble I had for months with installing ACT!2009 the following was the break through:

Uninstalling Service Pack 3

in combination with the advice i received from members below, especially renaming the .dll file if previous installations have been tried.

I'd like to thank everybody for their contribution.