Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

problems sending email in act 2011, please help

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

problems sending email in act 2011, please help

hello, i am unable to send email via act 2011 internet email, i can can receive the emails, but cannot send, it goes to the outbox.  and that's it.

i am trying to simply use the act internet mail.

i do not have outlook, so please give me ideas on how to use the internet mail.  i have had the act 2011 for 6 months, and am confused. 

thank you for your help.

charlie

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: problems sending email in act 2011, please help

Thank you for your answer. But Cox uses the correct ports, and I've seen your help article. I wish I had known about these problems before purchasing the software.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Have you had any luck getting this fixed?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello,

If your internet mail provider is using non-standard or secure mail ports, then ACT! Email will be unable to connect to them. Please see KB Article 22985 for more information.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thank you for your answer. But Cox uses the correct ports, and I've seen your help article. I wish I had known about these problems before purchasing the software.

So your Cox mail account is using port 25 for outgoing mail and port 110 for incoming mail? Do you have Outlook Express or Windows Mail installed? If so, try adding the Cox account to one of those and see if there are any issues. You can also test your account with Thunderbird (from Mozilla).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

the godaddy email uses the correct ports. 

i am totally confused,  unable to use the email since i have owned act 2011

somebody, somebody, pl--e-e-e-e-e-zzzz! help me.

i did not use the email for the first few months, due to medical issues (mine), but have recovered and am tryingt to get the business going again.

have wasted several hours trying, and use constant contact for general email, but the act email would be very helpful.

thank you to anyone who can help me.

charlie

Hello Charlie,
Just to verify, your account is using POP3/SMTP and not IMAP? And your account is using port 25 for outgoing mail and port 110 for incoming mail?

Greig Hollister

Charlie,
Your latest post to this topic appears to be blank. Was this intentional? If not, then you may be using IE 9 for your browser, which is not yet fully supported in the forum. You will either need to turn on IE 8 compatibility mode or use another browser.

Greig Hollister

still unable to send email via act 2011, it goes to the out box. can receive,

i have windows live mail, and am able to send and receive from this connection, and godaddy works,

godaddy is my source, and the settings are correct, the 25, and the 110 is the setting.

i am confused about why it doesn't work.