Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

problems sending email in act 2011, please help

Re: difficulty in setting up email on Act! 2011, unable to send messages

I have been having EXACTLY this same problem with Gmail.  It's extremely frustrating that ACT doesn't let you set SSL or ports.  I downloaded a program called Stunnel to perform SSL tunneling on my machine, and now I can receive messages from Gmail in act, but I cannot send them or send test emails.  

I used Telnet in Windows 7 to check if the port was connecting:

Microsoft Telnet> set localecho

Microsoft Telnet> set term ansi

Microsoft Telnet> open mydomainnameexample.com 25

and it seems to be connecting there, so this appears to be some issue with act or with Gmail.  Gmail might be trying to combat spam by monitoring this port, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

I wish ACT support would just address the problem instead of trying to pawn it off to Outlook (which my company doesn't use).

Tuned Listener

thank you for responding. i have had sdome other issues. think that is what happens when you get to be such a huge operation. sage is not as personable as they used to be.

A side note: to complicate matters, ACT 2012 doesn't support our phone system, so... poop.

I am disappointed that ACT 2011 will not work with SSL email.  ACT has become much less useful to me.  Is Sage going to solve this problem?  Is ACT 2012 better with respect to email comptibility? 

If not, does anyone have a recommendation on a contact manager program that allows the use and tracking of email messages?

Highlighted

Re: problems sending email in act 2011, please help

I'm also having problems with Sage Act Pro 2011.  I get it all set up and it works for several months, then one day I open it up and click "write" and it tells me that my email "has not been set up" when it has been for months.  I go in and use the same exact setup I always use and sometimes it takes a day or two re-entering information several times, restarting my computer a few times and finally it will work again for a few months. 

Anyone have any idea what's going on?