Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

problems sending email in act 2011, please help

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: difficulty in setting up email on Act! 2011, unable to send messages

If GoDaddy email setup requires a port other than 25 for the SMTP server, you will not be able to use the Act! email client as it does not support this configuration.

In this case, use Outlook - configure it to work with GoDaddy (it supports other port numbers) and then configure Act! to work with Outlook (this is better any way).

thank you, for the info,  i do not have outlook, and godaddy is set up for the ports you mentioned. 

i have been without the email since i have downloaded the act 2011.

someone please help

charlie

Tuned Listener

the godaddy server is 25 and 110, 

that is the standards setting, you are probabbly aware that act does not allow changing of the port setting.

the act 2010 allowed me to  use the set up, and alll the other  versions allowed me to use internet mail.

again,  I do not have outlook, with the office 2007 software. 

and the previous years allowed me to use internet mail to send and receive. 

i can receive mail but not send, the unsent mail goes to the outbox.

i do the "test" and unable to send test email.  the message says

"establishe network connection   ---------------completed

log onto outgoing                                      --------failed

log onto  incoming                               -------------failed

send test email                                    -------------failed

i have done s many things to try different items,  doublecheck the spelling, etc,  and no luck at all.

perhaps i should go back to act 2010

thank you for your help.

charlie

Platinum Elite Contributor

Charlie,
Nothing regarding the ACT! Email connection process has changed from ACT! 2010 to ACT! 2011, so I don't think downgrading will solve the issue. Is GoDaddy using some other type of port security? If ACT! can't connect to ports 25 and 110, it usually means that something is blocking it. What operating system (including SP number) does you computer use?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

my first computer uses windows 7 home premium, my second computer uses windows 7 pro

i was able to send internet mail without outlook,  does this opportunity still exist?  never thought it woud take months to solve an issue like this.

thank you

charlie

Has anyone successfully configured the internet mail (godaddy) setup in ACT2011?  from what I can see on the Community site it looks like ACT2011 is NOT Compatible with GoDaddy mail.  If someone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks, Todd

Astute Commentator

I was also not able to set up ACT 2011 with Godaddy for Email. I had the domain at Godaddy and the email address was created at Godaddy.com, but I could never get ACT to send and receive mail with it. So, I would also like to know if anyone has solved this problem. Thank you. Poweruser

Re: problems sending email in act 2011, please help

Charlie,

I am having the same issue. Were you able to get this resolved? If so, please share. I am very frustrated and ACT is not giving any support.

Astute Commentator

Re: problems sending email in act 2011, please help

Charlie, I have still not figured this out. I am hoping someone will provide step by step instructions for creating an email on a domain at Godaddy.com, then importing it into Gmail, but also setting it up to be used by ACT.

No sure it has anything to do with Go Daddy. I bet your internet service provider (your cable company or Verizon) has changed the outgoing SMPT. Verizon did a year ago June and I had the same issues. I was told to upgrade to Act 2011 and it would work--not true. You have to run your email through Outlook. It works just about the same as old Act but you can't attach files to your mail in Act-you have to do it from Outlook. I hate the new Act 2011. I have an older computer and everything is much slower. If you are still in the 30 day free help window, get tech to help you set up after you install outlook. If not, it is probably cheeper to upgrade to 2012 and get the free 30day help. Tech help was operating my computer for at least 8 hrs. to get this set up. I was very happy with the old system but had to spend the money to get outgoing email working.