Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

problem with email merge and recording histories of faxes, etc.

problem with email merge and recording histories of faxes, etc.

I am a longtime ACT user.  A couple of years ago switched to ACT for Financial Professionals, which is no longer supported.  Today, for the first time in a long time I tried an email merge.  I got the error message:  "Your are not authorized to use this object.  Set AuthKey property first"  No clue what that means.

Also, my letters or faxes or memos used to be recorded in the contact history.  No longer works.  What's up?

Error message when sending email: You are not authorized to use this object, Set AuthKey property first

[ Edited ]

I am using ACT Premium 2009 and recently download ACT for Word 2010.  I now get an error message when trying to send email via ACT.  When I click on an email I get the following error message:  "You are not authorized to use this object, Set AuthKey property first".  

If I click on my own contact record, then I am able to email.  Let me know if anybody has a solution?

Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error message when sending email: You are not authorized to use this object, Set AuthKey property first

You may have some conflicting add-ons within Word. Try disabling the other add-ons and test.

Note: Is 'ACT! for Word 2010' an add-on?
Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Error message when sending email: You are not authorized to use this object, Set AuthKey property first

I am now getting the same message, but don't see a fix and tech support is all in a meeting today at SAGE

Note: Customer Support queues were opened following the meeting (3:30pm Eastern).
Greg Martin
Sage

Our local web provider made us change servers to 143 and 587 instead of 25 and 110 as normal.  Could this be the cause of the issue?  I tried to change back but my email IMAP account will not work then.

Karlsat12,
Are you using ACT! Internet Mail, or Outlook integration?

I haven't seen different ports cause this error (generally just fails to connect), but if you are using ACT! Internet Mail, it will only work with 25 and 110.
Greg Martin
Sage

I spoke with Raj in tech support and he had to log in to my computer to fix.  The connection from ACT and Outlook was not working.  He had to repair a .dll connection and now it is working again. 

Glad to hear it is now resolved! Thank you for posting the update.
Greg Martin
Sage