06-19-2010 12:08 PM
06-21-2010 06:40 AM
Welcome to the Act! Online Community!
It appears the folder you are trying to create your database in has been set to 'Compress' it's contents. You will need to remove that setting to allow the database to be created there, to do this:
- Browse to the folder location
- Right click on the target Folder and select Properties
- On the General tab > click on Advanced button
- uncheck the option for 'Compress contents to save disk space'
- click Ok to close the window > click Ok to close the Properties window
You can now attempt to create your database in that folder.
06-21-2010 07:02 PM
thank you for your help; however, it appears that once i go through your process, act is creating the folder but the message i get is: "the 'blank'.adf folder is compressed but does not reside in a read-only database or file group. The file must be decompressed. Could not open new database.