Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

printing on avery index cards?

printing on avery index cards?

I have not used act in a few years. I was hoping someone might know the answer to this question. I want to enter about 3000 leads into act and then print the contact info & phone # out on index cards for a telemarketing campaign.  Avery has a laser index card with 3 on a page. Does anyone know how (or if it is possible) to format how to print out selected contacts so they can be three on a page. Any info would be appreciated.

Re: printing on avery index cards?

We use avery labels all the time in our office.  Just create a lookup that contains the addresses you want to print out, go to File -> Print and select 'Labels' from the list.  Scroll down and find your Avery label (there are many there).  IF there isn't an Avery label for you, go to the Reports menu, create a new report and use 'Contact Label' to create a new contact label - you'll need to get out a rule and specify a few measurements, but it's nothing too complicated.

Always make sure to preview to the screen before your print out! Can't tell you enough how much paper that will save... 

Copper Elite Contributor

Lobrim,

The easiest way would be to create a mail merge template in Word.

MrWright

Copper Contributor

Who is doing the telemarketing campaign?  If the person or persons doing the telemarketing are using ACT, I would suggest you schedule the calls for them in ACT and have them use ACT to do the telemarketing.

In the long run it will save you a great deal of time.

Tony Holowitz
John Anthony Group
tony@johnanthonygroup.com

Thanks for the suggestions so far.  I like index cards best for telemarketing, a quick dial then flip to the next card.  I find when people sit in front of the computer it slows down the # of numbers dialed.  Just my experience.  Also I have on occasion traded leads with other companies in my field and the cards are best.

Does anyone know if they have a template for avery #5388 in the label section?

Avery has a template for the index cards in Word so I could do a mail merge like suggested. Is that complicated to do? Can I include any field I want like the phone number?

Again thanks for the info. I just want to be sure before I spend the money on the program.

Platinum Elite Contributor

There isn't a standard template for the 5388 but one could be created but it does require direct editing of the template XML code. I've created several custom size label templates that way. I think if you try to do a mail merge to Word template you may end up with the same contact information on all three cards in the sheet.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129