Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

printing contact list or export contacts

printing contact list or export contacts

I need advise on either printing a contact list or exporting contacts into an excel spreadsheet. There are 3,000+ contacts that we need to send to our mailhouse for our company newsletter. I have tried to print contact lists in the past and it doesn't come out the way our previous ACT 2000 did. I would prefer to export onto excel.

Any help would be appreciated.
Copper Contributor

Re: printing contact list or export contacts

All you have to do is click on your contact list. Do a lookup of the address you want to send to. Go to Edit, Sort if you need the list sorted before you export it.

Click on the upper right on Options, and select customize columns. Choose the fields you would like to export (move them over to the right). Then click on the little green box with the blue error on it on the tool bar and it will export right into Excel.

You can also use the File - Export dialog and choose each field that you want exported. You can export the current contact, current lookup or entire database. You should choose the contacts by group or other method before you do the export. Additionally, this will limit the data that you send so if you only need the company, contact and primary address information it will be all that you export. The first time is more work as you should choose the fields and save the export map, but each time thereafter you can re-use the map you created on the first export. Choose to save as a text file, comma delimited, export field headers; then when you open Excel you can choose to open as comma delimited and each field will be in a column and cell. Quite simple once you walk it through the first time.

I would like to export/print my entire database by group. That is, I would like to export each contact once with each contact's group and subgroup listed in separate columns. Do you know if this is possible?
zuh

I am hoping you can help me. I am trying to export from ACT 6.0 into excel all my companies and contacts. I have multiple contacts per company.  Probably about 6.  When I go to Data Exchange Export and follow the instructions my 400 clients are exported into an excel spreadsheet of 400 rows.  Multiple contacts for the same company appear in the same row. 

I would like to have each Contact Name be in a separate row.  So basically, I will have about 1600 rows at least, if I have 4 contacts per company.  But, the number of columns would only be First, Last, Phone, and E-mail.

Can you help?

Thanks!