Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

pictures in Contact Layout

pictures in Contact Layout

I have created a picture field in my customized contact layout.  When I click in the blank where the pic should go, and choose image, when it "downloads" it only give me a black square.  What am I doing wrong?

Re: pictures in Contact Layout

The same thing is happening to me.

Has anything improved as a result of you posting this 9 months ago?

Hey I have the same problem.  What I have found so far is: In Act 2010 when I would click on the picture field to insert a picture in the contact, it would automatically resize the picture to fit within the available space of the field.  However, under Act 2011 it doesn't automatically resize.  It stays at the origninal picture dimensions.  So when I would upload a logo for example, it would still look blank because the upper left hand corner of the picture was actually white.  The picture was bigger than the space.  Make sense?

However, I still haven't found a way to change the properties of the field so that it will automatically resize the picture to fit, just like Act 2010 did.  If anyone knows of a fix, please let me know.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello JWalter,
Welcome to the Sage Online Community. Go into your layout designer (Tools > Design Layouts > Contact), then click your Picture field on the layout. Press the F4 button on your keyboard to bring up the Properties box. In the Properties box, under Behavior, you have a Size Options dropdown - choose AutoSize. If this does not work for you, then StretchImage or Center may do it.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually I find that Zoom is the best option because it preserves the original aspect ratio.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129