Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

phone dialog prompt every time I run program: ACT 2011 & Win 10

phone dialog prompt every time I run program: ACT 2011 & Win 10

I am running Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2   on a 64-bit Win 10 laptop.  Act has been running a-ok without issues. Since a recent Win 10 update, the configure phone dialog prompt is coming every time Act is opened. I have found numerous posts with solutions here - all of those posts have dealt with different versions of Act on different versions of Windows.  I've attempted all of the solutions from those posts but the issue still occurs.

Can any one suggest a fix or workaround for Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2  on 64-bit Windows 10?

Many thanks in advance.

David

Administrator

Re: phone dialog prompt every time I run program: ACT 2011 & Win 10

It's worth noting here that Act 2011 and Windows 10 aren't supported/compatible together, so using a compatible version of Act!/Windows would be the preferred solution.

However, usually with this particular issue, all you need to do is fill the form out once - it doesn't matter what information you put in.

If that doesn't work we do have a KB article specifically dealing with older versions - may be worth a try - http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33802
Employee

The dialer.exe program is in C:\Windows\System32
If the Pc's permission is low enough your can try renaming the program to something like dialer_old.exe
This will disable the program assuming you don't get an error when something tries to reach it like Act!
Worth a try if you are comfortable Windows system changes.

Thank you both for responding. Looks like this issue has no workaround other than upgrading Act.