Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

outlook still not syncing with ACT 19.2 with update 3

outlook still not syncing with ACT 19.2 with update 3

My frustration with swiftpage and ACT continues to grow and I am dumbfounded as to why they can't provide a fix for the syncing issue that many many users are having.

I have the most recent version of ACT -19.2 and just this morning downloaded the Version 3 update to supposedly fix the syncing issue and unfortunately it is still NOT syncing.

I am a single user and this is driving me nuts.

Are there other users out there having the same problem?  If so, any ideas on a fix?

Thanks

Re: outlook still not syncing with ACT 19.2 with update 3

Hi Reggie,

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues after update 3.

Would you be able to advise the build of Outlook you are using from 'File > Office Account > About Outlook' and if you get any error message when the syncing is failing?

I am using Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.4229.1024) 32-bit.

I'm not super techie so I hope this is what you were asking from me.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated, It is super frustrating that I can't sync outlook to ACT even with the update 3.

Thanks

I don't get any error message when I hit either quick attach or attach to ACT contacts and search for a name. I just click on the name I want it attached to and then I go check my act and the message is not there

Thank you that is the build I was looking for.

As you can see the 6 icons from the top of Outlook, I would like to know if you can check Task manager (use CTRL+ALT+DEL or Windows search to open) If you have a processes tab can you see if you have the Act.Outlook.Service running, if you do not please navigate to one of the locations below: 

64-bit OS
Act! Pro or Act! Premium: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows
Act! Premium (access via web): C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web

32-bit OS
Act! Pro or Act! Premium: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows
Act! Premium (access via web): C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Web

Find the Act.Outlook.Service and double click to start it. once again check the Task manager to see if it is running and you should also be able to see the icon in the system tray (Bottom right of windows where the time is) If you can open this you should be able to see emails being recorded.

I started the outlook service and it worked, but I also tried this before and it worked but then after a couple of days it stopped working again, so my tech guy thinks it is either crashing or not loading with computer start up.

Is there anyway to make sure it starts up with the computer every time.

Are there instructions that you can provide that will allow the act outlook service to have automatic start up.

Glad to hear that started recording.

It should be added to your start up folders during the installation of Act! but I would recommend checking these locations below, please just copy the Act.Outlook.Service into the locations.

User Start up folder

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

PC Start up folder

%programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup 

*These locations may change depending on version of Windows*