Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

outlook calendar syncronization failed

Copper Contributor

outlook calendar syncronization failed

Sync was working fine and all of a sudden stopped. Contacts works OK but Calendar gives "failed' notice.  Using Outlook 2007 Act 2011 on Windows 7.   I have tried Office Diagnostics, a different data base, reindexing, reduced to the minimum 7 days forward 1 day back  and every other proposed solution. Still get a "failed".

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: outlook calendar syncronization failed

[ Edited ]

Hello ebuck2,
There could be more than one possible cause for this. First, have you tried disabling User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7? Instructions are in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

Second, this issue can be caused be damaged system folder and/or unregistered Redemption.dll file. Try these steps:
1. Close Sage ACT! and Outlook.
2. Open your Windows Task Manager, go to the Processes tab, and end process on Act.Outlook.Sync.exe.
3. Click your Windows Start button, click either Run or go to the Search box, and type %appdata%.
4. Open the folder ACT, then ACT Data.
5. Locate and rename the Outlook Sync folder to "Outlook SyncOLD".
6. Click your Windows Start button, click either Run or go to the Search box, and type cmd.
7. In the command prompt window, type cd C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows and press Enter.
8. Type in regsvr32 redemption.dll and press Enter.
9. Reopen Sage ACT! and Outlook and test calendar synchronization.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have upgrade my MS office 2007 to MS office 1020 business and home.  I reinstalled ACT 2011 and updated for all of the hotfixes.  The addins to outlook 2010 appear and work to trap the email as they should however, I am unable to synch contacts between act and outlook at all.  When I run synchronize contacts with act I get the error message that 'Contact Sylnchroniztion Failed'  Synch does not work with the calendar either.  I have tried a office repair to no avail.  I have reset the synch service to no avail.  I see than many folks have the issue but have not been able to find any answer for how to fix it.  I saw two new files referenced in one posting but they appear to apply to Act 2012 so I have not trie them.  I do not have any  mailing groups in my database which I did note might be a cause but not here apparently.  I have run the database diagnostic software etc in act 2011 but that does not help.  I am able to synch the databases over our office network with a remote database in my main office and that works fine.  I just cannot synch the contacts in Act with those in Outlook.  It does not seem to want to connect for some reason.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be the problem and how to fix it?.

I'm also having sync issues that I haven't had before.

When I attempt to sync calendars it stalls at "Connecting to SAGE ACT"

I performed the above procedures to fix a damaged system folder and/or unregistered Redemption.dll. When I then tried to sync it would get farther along in the process but stall at "synchronising activities"

When I canceled the sync and tried to sync again, I'm back to stalling at "Connecting to SAGE ACT"

It was working fine about a week ago.

I'm running Windows 7, Outlook 2010, and ACT Pro 2011

I am unable to synch either calendar or contacts.  I never get anywhere at all.  It just tries and says synch failed.  No one seems to be able to figure out what the issues are and I have tried everything I have found on line to try to fix it.  Even work with an ACT tech did not help. 

Re: contact synchronization failed

Frequently the Act SQL 7 is turned off by something in the task manager and has to be turned on manually. This also compounds the issue I noted in regard to synching.  I know now to be sure it is on before I try to synch with outllok but still get the connecting to outlook coming up with contacts synchronization failed.  Something is blocking the connection but I am unable to figure out what it might be.

Platinum Super Contributor

Stevecpa66,

Since your issue appears to be a blocked communication issue, try adding exceptions to your firewall and anti-virus software or disabling UAC (if Vista or Windows 7). 

Here is an article with the exceptions to add: KB Article 25125

Here is an article with instructions for disabling UAC - Vista: KB Article 20220

Here is an article with instructions for disabling UAC - Windows 7: KB Article 25665

Does it synchronize 'contacts' successfully?  If yes, then the issue would appear to be an issue with the calendar(s).  Try reducing the timeframe for the calendar sync.

---------------------------------------------------------

Bob 63,

You will also want to try the above suggestions, but in addition - have you tried creating a new database (just 1 contact record) and attempted the synchronization?  Is that sync successful? 

Can you provide more detail as to what else has been tried ('work with and ACT! tech')?

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you for your reply.  The sequence went this way.  I wanted to update my Office from 2007 to 2010 so I removed Act 2011 premium, that was working fine with 2007 Outlook, rebooted, and took off Office 2007, rebooted, and instaled office 2010, rebooted, then installed Act 2011 premium, rebooted, installed SP1 and then HF 6.  When I started things up Act found the original database that had been a HF6 one and everylthing on Act appeared to be fine.  I noted the addins sere in Outlook 2010 and would capture the emails to the act history folders as designed.   Synch was set up over ournetwork to my other database copy and it works fine also.  But, when trying to synch contacts between Outlook and Act it will ot work and I get the error message noted after it says connecting to Outlook.  I have a 64 bit system of Windows 7 with a 32 bit version of Office home and business 2010 installed.  The tech from Act looked at the permissions, and the users, and reset the synch files to be sure that it was not thinking it was already synched and none of that helped. 

Act does quick attach emails and also captures others as they come in as designed.  I am not sure if he disabled the UAC you reference below but he did go through a number of steps and spent some time before he had to go.  I will try the UAC article and see if that might be of help.

Other symptoms are that off and on the database will not open because the Act SQL 7 is stopped and I have to manually turn it on then it works fine.

Outlook is stubborn at times and when deleting an appoitnment it may hang or sit for a bit before the appointment is removed.  It is slow on calendar changes.  The only addi ins I have running in Outlook are Acrobat PDF Maker Office COM addin

Act!Outlook addin

Microsoft exchange Addin

Redemption helper outlook extension

All others are inactive.

Hope this is of some help.  It is very frustrating on this end.

I checked the UAC settings referenced in the article you forwarded and they were already set to never notify.  Put them back to normal since tech left them there and did not help the issue any.

As further information I attach a copy of the exceptions in the firewall which appear to be correct but then again I thought a copy might be helpful.

Bob 631-30-2012 5-38-07 PM.jpg