Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

open multiple notes at once?

Astute Commentator

open multiple notes at once?

Our company just started using ACT 2010 (Ver 12). I have one problem with it right now that I'm hoping to find a way around. I take several calls an hour and I need to put in a note for each call. My calls will more than often overlap so I need to be able to write different notes for different customers at once.

From what I can tell right now when I have a note open for a customer ACT will not allow me to do anything else, I can't even search for another customer while creating a note for someone different. This also happens when you try to schedule anything such as a call or meeting, but that isn't much of an issue since I will typically only do those one at a time.

I'm hoping that it's possible to be able to open several notes at once. If anyone has any advice it would be much appriciated. 

Thanks,

Dave

Silver Contributor

Re: open multiple notes at once?

[ Edited ]

Not possible with ACT out of the box.  There might be an addon to accomplish this.

Message Edited by jonmklub on 02-11-2010 11:41 AM
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: open multiple notes at once?

There is a new add-on that does more with Notes, but I don't think it handles multiple contacts at once.

You can always close/save the note/history (it sounds like History might be better for you), go to the other contact, then  Lookup | Previous - to jump back to thecontact you were in earlier.