Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

? on Configuring Microsoft® Outlook® as my Act E-mail Client

? on Configuring Microsoft® Outlook® as my Act E-mail Client

Should I choose Act Email Editor or the Outlook option as my email editor?  The wizard shows Outlook as 'reccomended' but the Act Aswer ID  15194 seems to suggest the Act Email Editor provides more features/options.  What do you suggest?  I use Act Pro 2010 and Outlook 2010.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Re: ? on Configuring Microsoft® Outlook® as my Act E-mail Client

Correction to my previous post ... I erred in identifying my software ... I actually use Act Pro 2011 and Outlook 2010.  Man Sad

Platinum Super Contributor

We recommend using Outlook as the editor because you will be able to have Microsoft Word as the editor which affords more functionality for making your emails presentable. And better options for creating your signature. From a purely technical standpoint, since you are already integrating with Outlook, using the Act! email editor just adds one more layer/program to the email process. The Act! email editor/program is designed as an option for computers where Outlook is not an option.
Greg Martin
Sage

Thanks, that is a big help.  I have had my Email Editor set up as you suggest but very often when I send an email from the contact page it returns as undeliverable.  Doesn't do this all the time but when it does I have to go into Outlook and forward the message from there, so obviously it does go into my 'Sent' box.  In all cases it is the correct email address.