Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

old Icons on Toolbar

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

old Icons on Toolbar

I have some old icons that are lingering on the Toolbar from third party products that I no longer use. I have removed these applications from my computer by using the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel but they are still on the ACT! toolbar. How can I remove these?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author barrygou
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: old Icons on Toolbar

Resetting the Toolbar solved it. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Try going to Tools/Customize/Reset Menus and Toolbars.

If this does not work, then close ACT! and browse through Windows Explorer to the following directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\Application Data\ACT\Act for Windows (version#)\Preferences

Rename the following files by changing the file extension to .old:

Act.UI.IContactDetailView.commandtoolBars.ser 

ConnectedBars(#).ser

DisconnectedBars(#).ser

Note: This will reset the toolbar back to program defaults. So if you have customized your toolbar, you will need to redo your customization.

You should also go to the C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows\Plugins directory and see if there are any files from the third-party applications left over in here. If there are, delete them. You may want to verify the file names with the manufacturer of the add-on first.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author barrygou
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

Resetting the Toolbar solved it. Thanks!

my changes to the toolbar reset back to the default

I change the icons on the toolbar of my contact screen (delete unused ones and add custom ones) and they periodically reset back to the default.  I was walked through how to keep this from happening but cannot remember what they did.  Can you tell me how to do this?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: my changes to the toolbar reset back to the default

Hello dwassell,

If this keeps happening then you may have an issue with your preferences file, which is where customization is stored. A couple of questions:

- What version/build of ACT! are you using (from Help/About ACT!)?

- What operating system are you using?

- When do you tend to see this happening? After a reboot of your machine? When you open/close ACT!?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: my changes to the toolbar reset back to the default

Greig, sorry for the delay, the answers are:

Version 11

Windows 7 64 bit

After a Reboot