Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

object reference not set to an instance of an object error message

object reference not set to an instance of an object error message

[ Edited ]

Hey,

I've posted in here before but still have the same problems as before. I keep getting this error message when I add notes and users: "object reference not set to an instance of an object error message"

I have tried removing the old histories, repaired / re-indexed the database and have run actdiag and deleted my preferences.
For: Error: "Object Reference: Not set to an instance of an object." When Opening Print Preview

One of the solutions is to "The database Personal Files Locations are pointing to a network directory". Where I work we have over 100 databases and they are all stored on one main computer.. So we have the location field for databases set to that computer. It is really a pain to have to look up the database computer everytime you want to open a new database.. I have tried switching this to my local computer and it does fix the problem.. But it makes another problem... Any thoughts on what I can do? 

thanks, JoeM

Using ACT! 2009 (v11).

<Content edit.  Fixed link format>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 01-15-2009 12:33 PM

Re: object reference not set to an instance of an object error message

You can copy the PAD file of the databases to the local folder.  That way you do not have to browse to the network location each time.

Thanks David,

I never thought of that. I'll give it a try when I get to work today. Will report back Smiley Happy

Gave it a try on two computers and works for one or two databases then the message comes back again.

I did also clear the histories for the database and then reindexed it. Any other suggestions? 

Thanks, JoeM