08-22-2011 07:23 AM - edited 08-22-2011 07:30 AM
when I select the "send invitation e-mail" box. Outlook does not open a new email window. It worked up until last week. Might I have tripped a switch in Outlook? The window with dancing dots comes up in Act!, but nothing in Outlook.
Maybe related, I also tried to sync the outlook and ACT! via the sync tool and I got a error.
Anyone have any ideas?
Act Pro 2011 v.188.8.131.52 HF 2
09-08-2011 06:50 AM
I am experiencing the same problem.
Previuosly when I received a meeting request, it would be added to my Act calendar, once I accepted the meeting. I was also able to create meetings through Act and send an invitation via Outlook. Both of these functions have stopped working. It's a hassle now, as I have meetings to reschedule and am unable to do so, as these are not in the Outlook Calendar, and Act will not process the change through e-mail.
I have tried to remove Outlook as my primary e-mail source, for Act, and then add it back in, but this has not helped.
If anyone has any advice it would be most appreciated.
12-04-2011 03:08 PM
I too am having the same problem, can't figure out how to resolve. ACT & Outlook versions I'm using:
Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 184.108.40.206
Outlook Version 14.0.6112.5000 (32-bit), part of MS Office Home & Business 2010
I'm going to contact ACT Tech Support tomorrow for some help. I'll post whatever happens, whether or not Tech Support resolves the problem.
03-01-2012 02:20 PM
I thought I would join in on this discussion as well. The email invitation used to work perfectly for me and now it doesn't at all. I get the same thing as one of the descriptions, the blue dots pop up but the outlook pop up screen does not appear now. Using 2011 rpremium and outlook 2010 with windows 7.
I hope a moderator sees this and suggests something because it is a real pain not being able to send meeting invites directly from ACT!
I don't know what it doesnt work now, have to guess it was from some kind of windows update?
03-05-2012 07:46 AM
For a situation such as this, here are some troubleshooting steps to help isolate the issue:
- If Vista/Widows 7: run Sage ACT! using 'Run as administrator' option. Close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator' > test. If this resolves the issue, it is Windows UAC blocking the integration.
- Create a new test database > change integration to use new database (Tools > Preferences > Email tab > Email System Setup) > test. If this is successful, the issue would appear to be database specific.
- If it fails in a new database, it may be damaged ACT! preference files. Use the 'Alternate Method: Manually Rebuild Preferences' section of this article: KB Article 14770. > Test.
- Issue with Office install:
1. Run repairs on Outlook/Office install
2. Create new Outlook profile to test
Use the appropriate steps in this article: KB Article 13826
03-05-2012 01:12 PM - edited 03-05-2012 01:13 PM
Everyone sorry about the slow response times.
My fix was that soon after I wrote this message, I got a new computer. Of course I haven't had the problem since. Sorry I can't be of more help