Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

norton antivirus conflict

norton antivirus conflict

hi all,

I have a client with windows 7 machines and Act 2010.  he also has Norton antivirus.  Up until the other day, all was fine, but he either downloaded a windows patch or a norton patch and now he has the issue with Act SQL not starting up.  Aside from uninstalling Norton, is there any other fix possible?  Does McAfee have any known conflicts with Act, or should we look elsewhere for virus/malware protection?  Act is his major application; I have a very frustrated user on my hands.....

TIA
Deb Smith
DNS Computing

Re: norton antivirus conflict

It is not only norton it is other virus programs.  In addition, there is a huge problem with connectivity with Act.  The SQL server is disconnected regularly.  In addition a number of fields can't be lined up within the box and so for instance you can't read the company name in that it is to far to the left.  No amount of field adjustments can fix the problem I have tried.  Act customer service claims it is a known problem. 

Hope all of these problems are known. 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: norton antivirus conflict

Hello Deb,

I believe I am familiar with the situation to which you are referring...  If I'm correct - it should be noted that the SQL Server (ACT7) service will not start during the normal start up, but after waiting a few minutes after signing on - the service can then be started manually. 

Please check your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage