Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

new user - could not authenticate user. Verify user name and password, and try again

new user - could not authenticate user. Verify user name and password, and try again

hello,

i have created a new user name and password but the user can't login on his desktop although other users can login from that sysytem.

i'm very sure that i filled in the correct username and password.

would you please help me in this ?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: new user - could not authenticate user. Verify user name and password, and try again

Hello EdBalta,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Can you sign into the database on your computer using the new username/password?  If not, go back into the Manage Users area to check the spelling of the username and reset the password (leave it blank to test).

If yes, are they accessing the same physical database or a remote database?  If it is a remote database, it will have to be synchronized before it will contain the new username, to allow them to sign on.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: new user - could not authenticate user. Verify user name and password, and try again

Thank you greg for your reply.

I can't access any database because of the error, I also double check the username and password and I made sure that I'm typing correctly.

Is there any limit to a Sage ACT! Account ?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Ed,
When you created the new user name and password, was this during the creation of a new database, or were you adding a new user to an existing database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

No, the database is being used and the user name has just been created yesterday but i can't access it.

Platinum Elite Contributor

If you have more than one user, you should be able to log into the database as the Admin user, then go to Tools > Manage Users, and edit the new user's information.This is assuming you logged in as an Admin in order to create the new user.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.