Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

new tab? custom tracking.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

new tab? custom tracking.

I was trying to create a tab where I could have a record of when the last time I talked to a client. Then I could go back and search for clients that I have not talked to in 30 days (for example). I wanted to see if anyone knows how or if I could set up a field to monitor this. It would be very helpful in tracking what clients I haven't talked to and making sure I get in contact with all clients within the last 30 days (example.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfm501
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: new tab? custom tracking.

I am using ACT! 2009 and find a quick way to find clients I have not called/attempted to call/received a call from is to simply select Lookup/Other Fields/ Last Reach and enter "older than" and the number of days. The "last reach" field is generally under the Contact Info tab (unless you have changed the Out-of-the-box layout).

Hope this helps.

Jeffrey

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Checkout Lookup | Contact AQctivity
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfm501
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I am using ACT! 2009 and find a quick way to find clients I have not called/attempted to call/received a call from is to simply select Lookup/Other Fields/ Last Reach and enter "older than" and the number of days. The "last reach" field is generally under the Contact Info tab (unless you have changed the Out-of-the-box layout).

Hope this helps.

Jeffrey

I did use the lookup function but when I did the "search for", it has a greater than and less than option but it won't let me just put in 30 days. Do you know how I could have that come up as a calendar option so I can pick 30, 60, or some number of days?

Also my last reach field is grey and I cannot click on it to change it every time I talk to a client, any ideas????

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Copper Contributor

Okay... 2 other possibilities

1) Create a Report for the paramaters you want - takes a little work but once done it is done. You simply run the reports or can even set up an auto run sequence. Challenging but effective.

2) On the other hand, if this 30, 60, 90 day follow up might be just something you think you might want to do, here is an option that requires you to change the date each time you want a contact list but will give you the result you want - a list of contacts who have not been contacted in the last whaever number of days (Note: since this is driven by calendar date the Last Reach will be specific to that day - even if it is a non-working day)

Process: Select GROUPS

Create three groups - Last Reach 30 Day, 60 Day etc.

Set Group Membership Criteria fields as 'Contact', 'Last Reach', 'Equal To', 'Value' which would be the calendar date 30, 60 or however many days in the past.  Click on PREVIEW.

(how to create a Group - selecting Groups/Group Membership/Add Remove Contacts)

Preview will list contacts whose Last Reach field is equal to however number of days in the past you entered in the Value field. If there are no contacts listed, it could simply be a Saturday, Sunday or non-work day or it could be that there is actually none.

When you select OKAY you will have a list that you can look up, create activities for etc.

Big note... if you create a Task for a contact in the Group, when you next change the Value field to a new date, the Contact list changes to reflect the contacts that meet the new criteria but the Tasks you created for the contacts under the previous criteria do not.

Jeffrey