Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

need to have seriel # reactivated

need to have seriel # reactivated

Had to move sage from one computer to another, for some reason it put me under trial use. Now it is saying I need to register seriel # but I have already registered it previously on old computer. I followed steps to delete icbasic and serielnumberbasic, but i still get the same prompt to register it. No one at Sage can tell me what to do or even willing to help me without paying $ 400.00. So please someone help me.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: need to have seriel # reactivated

Hello signaramaconyersd,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. To prevent license abuse, software registration is machine-specific as the registration information is recorded in the Windows registry of that machine (this is not just for ACT!). If you have your current ACT! serial number, please send it to me via private message in this forum and I will be happy to verify it has sufficient activations. To send me a private message, click my username on the left, then "Send this user a private message" on the right.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have tried for the last 3 days but no one there has the knowledge on how to help me

Thank you for providing me with your ACT! 2011 Pro serial number. There do not appear to be any issues with the number itself. What exactly is happening when you attempt to register with that number on your new computer? If this computer is using Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may need to disable User Account Control (UAC). See the appropriate article below for instructions to disable UAC:

Windows Vista: http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2022...
Window 7: http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

found the right place and got it registered thank you