Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

mysterious Record Manager name alteration (when I'm the only user!) ACT2009 v.11

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

mysterious Record Manager name alteration (when I'm the only user!) ACT2009 v.11

I am a single license user with a home-based business with no other users. 

I primarily use the Notes tab to enter information on each of my contacts.  Today, I noticed that my Record Manager name has been augmented with "eri" in front of my first name.  The entire database is changed to reflect this

I do not access the Manage Users box, so there is no way that I did this.  The Record Manager name is derived from the Contact Name column in the Users listing

I use Microsoft security, but no active firewall.  The database acted strangely in the last two days of use--locking-up several times.  Is it possible that I've been hacked?

Thanks!

Marc

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author emhanson
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: mysterious Record Manager name alteration (when I'm the only user!) ACT2009 v.11

From the menu:

Lookup | My Record

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: mysterious Record Manager name alteration (when I'm the only user!) ACT2009 v.11

Is it possible that you accidentally put eri into your contact record?  That wouldn't be inconceivable to me.

Mark Rogers
Copper Elite Contributor

Sorry, I don't think that would actually change the Record Manager name.

Mark Rogers
Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually it will. The record manager field holds the unique Id of the record manager My record and displays the name in the contact field of the My record.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,
So how can I alter the Contact Name field? I do not seem to be able to change that particular field in the Manage Users box, eventhough I'm the administrator.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Check the contact name in your My record. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author emhanson
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

From the menu:

Lookup | My Record

Mark Rogers

Roy,
Thanks, you obviously nailed it!
I had to travel yesterday--hence the delay.
Take care!
Marc