Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

+ my record in task list & calendar for a task scheduled with a client....

Copper Contributor

+ my record in task list & calendar for a task scheduled with a client....

I have recently upgraded to the new ACT 2012 and still trying to get accustomed to the program. The problem  I am having is with the task list. I create a task for a client  and everything is great. But for some reason I keep getting a (+) sign in front of the task. after a couple of days for know reason I understand.....When I click on the task, it will show the sched with My Record and the client.. Since I am the only user. How do I disable this feature as my Record is showing up more in the task list than my clients. I know who I am,  I need to see the client name for the task. I want to disable the (+) feature. Thanks for any help in advance.....I am syncing my calendar with Google. Does this have something to do with ACT generating this (+) sign and adding my record to client task?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: + my record in task list & calendar for a task scheduled with a client....

I'm unable to reproduce the '+' sign when syncing with Google Calendar.
Do you also synchronize with Outlook? The '+' is generally a result of syncing with Outlook.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Yes I do sync with Outlook. But not activities just the conacts list now.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, I understand that it was created when Sync with outlook. I am no longer syncing my calendar with outlook.

Will this issue still be generated since I am still syncing contacts with outlook?

(I do this because I own an iphone)

How do I disable this in the future if I decide to sync caldendars again with Outlook?

How do I clean up each of the activities that has this now in my database? ( there are over 100)

Will tihs happen as well with Google Calendar?

Thanks for the help in advance

To disable Outlook calendar sync: go to Tools > Sync with Outlook > Outlook Synchronization Preferences > uncheck the enable Calendar sync option.

You should not get the + sign when syncing with Google Calendar.  My tests did not produce the '+' sign on my activities, and I haven't heard of anyone else getting them.  However; my testing does not go beyond synchronizing to the Google Calendar - I don't then sync to a phone.  Be sure to create a test activity and sync to Google > checking the results  (+ sign or not), then sync to the phone and test the results. 

For the existing activities with the +, the only way to remove it is to update each one manually. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

thank you for your help in this matter.
Does the new connection feature with the cloud do this (+) thingy as well with an Ipad?

I believe you are referring to the Sage ACT! Connect program.  It will not add a + to the activities, but to clarify:

- Sage ACT! Connect will synchronize data to a portal (web site).

- For supported devices, it can then synchronize from the portal to the device.

- Currently iPhones and iPads are not supported devices, but can access the data on the portal through a web browser on the device.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

How do I get Outlook to not add the (+) & my record when I sync to activities that I have schedule in ACT. (I DO NOT SCHED. activities in outlook or my iphone at this time) To me this defeats the purpose of the upgrade to ACT 2012. I know who I am. I do not need my record added to scheduled activities. Thanks for any help once again......
Copper Contributor

I have had the exact same mystery + thrown in front of my name and often it is on a calendar entry that has been duplicated somehow. NO idea why it happens or where i comes from