Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

my oppertunities reports are blank

my oppertunities reports are blank

I just bought an upgrade yesterday for Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0 and have never run reports or used opportunities before. I have used knowledgebaseas a guide to enter my opportunities and have scoured community but cannot figure out why I have opportunities but when I run the reports they are blank.  My goal is simply to have the name, company and status of the prospect and some details/notes to submit to management on a weekly basis.  I have chosen "open" and "current month" for my parameters so am stumped why no data is pulled into the report.

Re: my opportunities reports are blank

I figured it out - Although I entered all my opportunities within this month and the report defualts to dates for "current month" I chose all dates - perhaps the anticipated close date messed it up??  Any way to add my notes?? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

The opportunity dates work on the estimated close date for open opportunities and the actual close date for closed opportunities. The Opportunity Notes can't be included using the ACT! reports, you would need top use a third party report editor.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for your response.   There must be a way to add notes to the report tempate?What would a third party report editor be?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Unfortunately there isn't any way to add a notes subreport to an opportunity with the ACT! reports. I suggest you make a feature request.

There are three main third party report editors for the ACT! program (four if you include Access reports): Crystal reports (huge learning curve and special runtime module require), Durkin Impact reports (more intuitive and ACT! aware) and Stonefield Query (good wizard but can be limited and very expensive). Frankly is you just need one or two special reports the best would be to hire someone to build the report and buy the appropriate runtime module. Depending on how you value your time this option can be cheap or expensive.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy - I appreciate your help!