Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

.msg not getting attached to history

.msg not getting attached to history

We have 3 users that use our act system. When one of them attaches an email to the history it attaches the actual email as a .msg file that can then be opened. When the other 2 do it they don't get the attachment they only get the text overview of what the email said.

I found a previous article that said to make sure the act address book was added to outlook which I've checked and it is.

Any other ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: .msg not getting attached to history

How the email is attached to the history is a Preference setting. Check the preferences for all the users. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I compared all the preference settings I could find for the email attachment and history and they all looked the same. Can you point me to the setting I need to look at?

Nickel Contributor

If you look at the KB link, the problem is the "Record History" is set to  "E-mail subject, message, and all attachments" for the user where the physical email is attached and the other two users are set to "E-mail subject and message (recommended)"

Number 9 of the the below KB article is the bit that is different between the users.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26832

In the Email Setup Wizard section 5 of 8 is when you are sending emails and how you want them to be save into Act!. section 6 of 8 is when you receive an email into Outlook and you then click on the attach to Act! icon to save it into Act!
Act.JPG