Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

moving act to another computer? how?

moving act to another computer? how?

I am trying to move act from my laptop to my desktop. I have 2 Questions.

1. How do i move the actual  file over? When i go to the website it wont let me download it again i think without purchasing it again.

2. How do i move my database?

thanks.

Champion Listener

Re: moving act to another computer? how?

[ Edited ]

Hey Sales15.

You can use the following Knowledge Base article to move your database from one computer to another.

How to Move an ACT! by Sage Database

With regards to re-installing your ACT! software, I can send you a new direct download link. Please send me your ACT! serial number for verification via private message. You can send me a private message by clicking my username on the left, then clicking "Send this user a private message" on the right.

Sean Anderson
Customer Support Supervisor, Sage ACT!
Platinum Elite Contributor

I have a retail box version of ACT! 2010.  I want to move my software from my laptop to my desktop.  I have loaded the software ok but I cannot authorize it on the second computer as it has already been authorized on my laptop.  What can I do to re-deploy the software and use it on my desktop?

Thanks

I've already done that. But as I didn't purchase an extended service plan they won't even consider speaking with me further. I think it's terrible that I've paid several hundred dollars to purchase their software, and when what I consider a simple, standard issue arrises they won't do anything for me unless I pay MORE...

So anyway I have a customer ID# listed with Sage. I have the license number of my ACT! 2010 software. I just want to move it from one machine to another. Can this even be done?

Thanks
Champion Listener

Bigdaddyx, to answer your question, what you are trying to do can easily be done. Typically, Sage Customer Service can assist with this issue and it doesn't necassarily require technical support.

Please see your private notes http://community.act.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Sean Anderson
Customer Support Supervisor, Sage ACT!

I need to move to a new computer can you send me the directions