Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

moving ACT to a new computer

Nickel Contributor

moving ACT to a new computer

I am planning to Backup to an external drive and then doing a Restore on the new computer. I have the ACT 2011 installation CD. What process do I need to know to move the license to the new machine during installation?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: moving ACT to a new computer

Hello Barry,
It's not possible to move the license from one machine to another, since the activation code is in part generated by a unique installation code for the machine. You would need to install ACT! on the new machine, then register it normally. Serial numbers have a limited number of activations, so if you get an error when registering on the new machine just send me your serial number via a Private Message in this forum and I will check your activation limit and adjust if needed.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Contributor

Thanks! I have only activated ACT once on the current machine. I'll be setting up the new maching in a few weeks and if I have any issues I'll contact you.

Hi Greig
I was wondering if you are able to help with this, as i needed to load a new computer after a crash and Act 2011 will not let me install a additional computer.

Joe

Hello Barry, It's not possible to move the license from one machine to another, since the activation code is in part generated by a unique installation code for the machine. You would need to install ACT! on the new machine, then register it normally. Serial numbers have a limited number of activations, so if you get an error when registering on the new machine just send me your serial number via a Private Message in this forum and I will check your activation limit and adjust if needed.

Greig Hollister Sage