Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

move act 2009 version 11 from xp machine

Tuned Listener

move act 2009 version 11 from xp machine

I have a client that purched a new pc with windows 7 home edition.  I need to move the act system from the xp to the windows 7 machine.  I thought i cound do it using pcmover but that did not work.  Do i need to uninstall it from the old machune and reinstall it on the new one?

Bronze Contributor

Re: move act 2009 version 11 from xp machine

Hi Gerald D:

Do a search on this board using "new computer" or "move database".  There you will find the specific steps to accomplish this.

First, I am assuming that your client is a single user. 

That being said, you will use the backup under "file" and then do a "restore as".

You can also find the steps in the ACT Knowledgebase article.

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Tuned Listener

Re: move act 2009 version 11 program and database filesfrom xp machine

I tried using pcmover migration tool to move ACT 2009 version 11 from and xp machine to a windows 7 home edition machine.  I want to be able to do this without needing ro purchase another license since the old machine will no longer bee use.

Can i simply uninstall it from the old machine and reinstall it on the new machine?

Thanks

Bronze Contributor

Re: move act 2009 version 11 program and database filesfrom xp machine

You should have no problem in un-installing and re-installing.  If you run into a problem, just call ACT and they will help you, but since ACT has not been on the new machine, you should have no problem. 

I have moved ACT from system to system over the past 3 years without any problems as long as I do as the knowledgebase article suggests.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013