Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

move act 2009 version 11 from xp machine

Tuned Listener

move act 2009 version 11 from xp machine

I have a client that purched a new pc with windows 7 home edition.  I need to move the act system from the xp to the windows 7 machine.  I thought i cound do it using pcmover but that did not work.  Do i need to uninstall it from the old machune and reinstall it on the new one?

Bronze Contributor

Re: move act 2009 version 11 from xp machine

Hi Gerald D:

Do a search on this board using "new computer" or "move database".  There you will find the specific steps to accomplish this.

First, I am assuming that your client is a single user. 

That being said, you will use the backup under "file" and then do a "restore as".

You can also find the steps in the ACT Knowledgebase article.

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit
Tuned Listener

Re: move act 2009 version 11 program and database filesfrom xp machine

I tried using pcmover migration tool to move ACT 2009 version 11 from and xp machine to a windows 7 home edition machine.  I want to be able to do this without needing ro purchase another license since the old machine will no longer bee use.

Can i simply uninstall it from the old machine and reinstall it on the new machine?

Thanks

Bronze Contributor

Re: move act 2009 version 11 program and database filesfrom xp machine

You should have no problem in un-installing and re-installing.  If you run into a problem, just call ACT and they will help you, but since ACT has not been on the new machine, you should have no problem. 

I have moved ACT from system to system over the past 3 years without any problems as long as I do as the knowledgebase article suggests.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit