Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

missing ADF file when restoring into SQl.

missing ADF file when restoring into SQl.

Hello Sir,I am trying to restore act database back up file (.bak) into sql server database.I am taking my .bak file from regular automated zipfiles.But my restore has been failed when I tried to restore.Here is my error messagerestore failed for server 'ut-slc-pdc' (microsoft.sqlserver.smo)Additional informationSystem.data.sqlclient.sqlerror:directory lookup for the file"C:\ACT\Soniccustomerssoniccustomers.adf" failed with the operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.)(Microsoft.sqlserver.smo)
Can any help me to resolve my problem
I am new to ACT!
Thanks
Priya
Nickel Contributor

Re: missing ADF file when restoring into SQl.

Based on the error message alone it makes me think that the issue is with the path, is there another machine/location we could try to restore to?

Secondly, if you have a backup and the version you backed it up from, you can restore it in that version, install the new version and open with the .adf, thereby upgrading the database. Typically a .bak restore would only be advisable for situations where the backup is no good or the .alf is damaged.

Re: missing ADF file when restoring into SQl.

Thank you for your reply.I solved th eproblem by creating the dummy .adf and .alf files in the location where the .back file is .It solved my problem for right now and I am not sure is that any data missing and Am I missing any critical data fromACT!.

Thanks

Priya