Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

minor bugs?

Tuned Listener

minor bugs?

So far so good. Till now this board and its users helped me a lot in solving major and minor problems that I had wiht ACT!2008. Now the program is installed in both PC and laptop, I imported hundreds of contacts from excel sheets, everything synchronized. Looks great! Thanks again. There are some minor problems that I still cannot get rid of: -the display map button doe not react at all, I am in Germany and for that reason I set the Europe choice during installation. -when I have tp correct the automatic name detection and the pop up windows comes out with the different choices "John" First NAme "---" middle name "Smith" Last Name, I can act on this contact only, every single contact I try to correct after the first, always display the same pop up windows with the "john" "Smith" entries. This is a minor but pretty important issue, since if the name are not display correctly the list won´t be displayed correctly as well and I mostly use the alphabetical string to display them. Thanks
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: minor bugs?

1. I'd assume the mapping function doesn't work properly outside North America.

2. Are you saying that if you click on the Contact pop-up for "Mary Jones", it still displays "john" and "smith"?
When you did the import, did you import into the Contact Name field with all the names correct?
Tuned Listener

-that´s a pity with the map. But I can live without it. -I imported the contacts and most of them are correctly imported, in some cases e.g. when there is a title lik Dr. or Herr. Prof. the program does not correctly recognize what is the First and the Last name so I have to manually select them. This is possible as you know through a pop up window wich lets you choose between the different combination "Johne" First name , "smith" last NAme etc. Well the names on the scroll down menus of this pop up window are always the names of the first contact which I corrected. Making it impossible to correct more than one contact per session. I hope it was clerarer now. Greetings to Australia.
Platinum Elite Contributor

It would have automatically done this if (before the import) you added  "Herr.", "Prof", etc (both with and without the period at the end) to the list - Tool | Preferences | Name Preferences.

To fix all your data this way, you'd need to make the changes, export to TXT file and import to a new database. But make the changes so future imports work.

I haven't been able to get the problem to happen on my system. If you haven't got the ACT! 10.01 patch, can you try that?

In case it's an index issue, you might also try the Tools | Database Maintenance | Check and Repair
Also the database repair options in ACTDIAG as per - http://tinyurl.com/2bw6qa

Is this a German version or an International English version?

For mapping, you might try this free download from this site - http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ADN_Downloads&thread.id=8
You might have to tweak the settings, but it should work to display a Google map fo rhte current contact in a tab
Tuned Listener

Thaaaaaanks!!!! it worked and so good. Thanks again.
Copper Contributor

cybbe wrote:
Thaaaaaanks!!!! it worked and so good. Thanks again.

Smiley Happy  Thanks for letting us know that your problem is fixed!

Copper Contributor

A Google alternative to your Mapquest maps.

Install this utility as an alternate mapping tool.  It will put a "Map" and a "Directions" buttons on your Icon Bar, and clicking them will pop-up the Google Map of the current Contact's address.

www.database-la.com/downloads/google.exe

Enjoy!

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
Daniel Graves . . . Los Angeles, CA . . . www.DATABASE-LA.com
Tuned Listener

Re: A Google alternative to your Mapquest maps.

Question for Daniel

downloaded to computer

but i received an error message invalid column name address 1

parameter real name. can u help me?

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: A Google alternative to your Mapquest maps.

Assure that your Address 1 field has not been renamed, if so rename it to Address 1.
Daniel Graves . . . Database-USA . . . Los Angeles . . . 818-780-3201
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤