Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

marketing call activity type

Master Commentator

marketing call activity type

i've looked in the help system and checked this forum to find out what the significance is of this type of activity. i haven't had any luck, so i'm hoping someone here can tell me what the benefit is of selecting this activity type.

thank you.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: marketing call activity type

[ Edited ]
Actvity types are user choice...the activity type you choose affects the way it appears in the contact's history and the Results options you have when creating a history or closing the call.  You can use this activity type if you feel it pertains to the type of call you are making.  You can also create your own custom activity types by going to Schedule/Manage/Activity Types from the main menu.
Message Edited by ghollister on 12-12-2008 03:06 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Master Commentator

Re: marketing call activity type

hello,

i understand that we can select the activity type option of our choice and create our own types.

what i can't figure out is if the act developers had something specific in mind when they created the "marketing call" activity type.

i'm thinking that it should only be used if the phone call is for marketing purposes, like cold call sales.

if that isn't what the developers had in mind, i'd like to know what they have planned for it.

thank you

ghollister wrote:
Actvity types are user choice...the activity type you choose affects the way it appears in the contact's history and the Results options you have when creating a history or closing the call.  You can use this activity type if you feel it pertains to the type of call you are making.  You can also create your own custom activity types by going to Schedule/Manage/Activity Types from the main menu.
Message Edited by ghollister on 12-12-2008 03:06 PM