Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

mapping custom fields to outlook calendar activities

mapping custom fields to outlook calendar activities

Morning All,

Wondering if anyone has had any success with mapping custom fields between Act! and Outlook? Currently when i sync to do items between outlook and act - the only field that populates is the subject field in outlook and then in the notes section of that particular calendar event i see something along the lines of:

"=== Sage ACT! Activity (To-do) ==="

"Customer Name (depending on who the activity is linked to)"

This information is completely usless - so i would like to be able to change how the fields are mapped so that I actually can see somewhat useful information in my outlook calendar.

I noticed in my Act installation folder there is a file: Act.Framework.DataExchange.Outlook.OutlookActivityMap.xml which seems to contain the mapping fields - has anyone had any success with changing these values? any precautions when changing this file?

My Set Up:

ACT! Version - Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.1.108.0, SP1 (database is stored locally on my machine)

Office Version - Office 2010 Professional Plus SP1 (32 Bit) 

Operating System - Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (32 Bit)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: mapping custom fields to outlook calendar activities

Hello mikeinghilterra,
Unfortunately, there is not a way to change the way that activities sync from ACT! to Outlook. I would not advise editing that xml file as it is not intended to an editable file. If you are trying to get the contact's name to show in the calendar view, then really the only way to do this is type their name in the Regarding field when creating the activity in ACT!. It can't be mapped over since Outlook does not link contacts with activities the way ACT! does.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.