Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

mail merge problem cannot clear items in draft or complete mail merge using e-mail

mail merge problem cannot clear items in draft or complete mail merge using e-mail

I tried to do a large mail merge using e-mail - almost 500 contacts. The items go to drafts and remain there. And when I tried to cancel and delete the e-mails i am told I do not have permission. it is really messing with my outlook. but i am the only one with permissions on thsi computer. it is a personal home computer. and now my outlook is all messed up. help please.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: mail merge problem cannot clear items in draft or complete mail merge using e-mail

Trying to do mail merges with 100+ emails will usually not work via Outlook.

What version of ACT! (full build from Help | About)?

Re: mail merge problem cannot clear items in draft or complete mail merge using e-mail

The problem is that in the older version I was working from you could just select contacts out of a group, and in this version the only way to send a mass e-mail is to cut and paste addresses into a bcc - which also does not work for large numbers - or to do a mail merge to a group. And the size of the group I need to send to is @500. I guess I could create subgroups for the purposes of mailings, but that menas going back and individually adding a new group to each and every contact.
Any suggestions? And thank you for the heads up on large mail merges. What a nightmare it was to clean things up. Took several hours.
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]